Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Choosing Truth





By Jeffrey Bowen

There were no warning labels
On the life I chose to make,
But I knew I’d never find the truth
Unless I made mistakes.

And truth is something better
Than unreasoned certainty.
I believe the truth remains that way
No matter what you think you see.

Science doesn’t always prove a theory,
But at least it goes beyond some claims.
I’d rather learn what’s really real
Than find some fool who I can blame.

So my life will always stay with reasons.
It’s a choice I had to make.
At night I sleep much better
Knowing knowledge isn’t fake.

I am searching for a better world,
With room for joy and wonder,
But meaning lies in simple truth,
Without it we soon blunder

Into making bad decisions
And selling false realities.
I’d sooner hear the honest truth,
That’ssave who I chose to be.

We have to have the will to doubt
Amid the consequences.
After all we’re human,
And sometimes lose our senses.

But always rise above mistakes.
Learn more than what we’ve lost.
Truth belongs with certainty,
It’s always worth the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment