Thursday, August 10, 2017

Love Made All the Difference (50th wedding anniversary poem)

LOVE MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE  
I met you long ago it seems,
When I was very young.
My head was filled with silly dreams
Unfinished, just begun.

And only now, as years have passed,
Do I really truly see
The way you took my silly dreams,
And made them real for me.

You shared with me your questions,
Your pleasures and your pain,
Your peace as well as anger,
Your sunshine and your rain.

You built with me your castles,
Shared with me your schemes,
Forgot me not in wakefulness,
Forgot me not in dreams.

I can’t say how much that means,
Except that dream we must,
And if a dream has no real chance,
Then life can taste like dust.

You knew that years ago I think.
As you sifted through the sands,
You found the best that I could be,
And helped our life become a plan.  

Love made all the difference,
Forgiveness kept it warm.
In every yesterday we share,
Tomorrow is reborn.


By Jeff Bowen on the 50th wedding anniversary of Jeff and Hillary Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment