Thursday, April 27, 2017

Memory’s Anchor

Time is a river
With your life running through it.
The bends and the twists of the decades renew it.

As time never stops,
So the river flows through,
Relentlessly old, and refreshingly new.

You should know about anchors,
Those spots where you choose, 
To chain up to the truth without drifting loose.

Memory’s anchor
Is my greatest gift,
To prevent tipping over when currents grow swift.

Anchored in memory,
The calm will surround you,
You can dream a sweet dream or confirm what will ground you.

I am a fine anchor.
Time refuses to change me.
I’ll stay in the same place and will always remain me.

 As time takes you down toward the shores of the sea,
Lying deep in the riverbed is remembrance of me.
I will hold you awhile and when you feel strong,
Just pull up the anchor and take me along.
 


JMB 4/22/10

No comments:

Post a Comment